[EPISODE] 45. The Sailor Senshi Die! The Tragic Final Battle.
Japanese name: セーラー戦士死す! 悲壮なる最終戦
Romanized name: Seeraa senshi shisu! Hisounaru saishuusen
Original Airdate: 2-20-1993
Director: Kounosuke Uda
Writer: Shigeru Yanagawa
Animation Director: Ikuko Ito
Synopsis: The Sailor Senshi arrive at D Point to prevent Queen Metalia’s revival. However, their mission is complicated by the appearance of five powerful youma.
- Although there were five monsters-of-the-day, they were considered a unit called the D.D. Girls. They were the last youma in the anime. The leader, D.D.G. I, created illusions and had blue skin. D.D.G. II was green-skinned, made illusions, and she was killed along with D.D.G. I by Sailor Mars. The purple and orange-skinned members, D.D.G. IV and D.D.G. V respectively, were defeated by Sailor Jupiter. The crimson-skinned D.D.G. III was eliminated by Sailor Venus. The D.D. Girls’ name was supposedly inspired by the idol group C.C.GIRLS.
- Since Kotono Mitsuishi was ill, Kae Araki played Usagi/Sailor Moon. Araki would later voice Chibiusa.
- This episode featured rare instances where a monster was defeated by a Sailor Senshi other than Sailor Moon.
- Episodes 45 and 46 were combined into one, “Day of Destiny”, for the English version. All elements of death were completely removed, and the Sailor Scouts were merely “captured” by the enemy. Sailor Mercury slapping Sailor Moon was omitted, too. The entire scene where Sailor Moon was comforted by the spirits of her friends was cut, but it could be seen in the Sailor Says segment.
- Although the Polish dub initially skipped episodes 45 and 46, they were aired later.
- Sailor Teleport was used for the first time.
- Usagi made curry again in episode 66.
- Ryou Urawa and Motoki Furuhata both appeared in illusions, but they did not speak.
- This was Kounosuke Uda’s directorial debut in the series.
i just figured out the perfect murder
kill someone and bury them in their own garden
that way if the police find them they’ll think it was a suicide
#welp looks like the victim committed suicide and promptly buried themselves in their garden #how considerate of them
fun date idea: Go down on me while I shop online with ur credit card
I don’t think someone could focus on the internet while I was going down on them.
you over estimate your skill and underestimate the joy of shopping
replaying the same level in a video game for the hundredth time
back the fuck up
There’s another story that I like about a Chinese general who had to defend a city with only a handful of soldiers from a huge enemy horde that was in all likelihood going to steamroll the place flat within hours of showing up.
So when said horde did arrive, they saw the general sitting outside the city’s open gates, drinking tea. The horde sent a couple of emissaries over to see what was what, and the general greeted them cheerfully and invited them all to come and take tea with him.
The horde decided that this was a scenario that had “MASSIVE FUCKING TRAP” written all over it in beautiful calligraphy and promptly fucked off.
Whoever that general was, he was clearly the Ancient Chinese equivalent of Sam Vimes.
did he just invite us over for tea nah man i’m out